Did you know that…?
- The owners of all dogs seven months of age or older must have annually dog permits from your town or city.
- The owner must present proof that a licensed veterinarian has vaccinated the dog against rabies and that the duration of immunity from that vaccination extends through at least ten months of the twelve-month licensing period.
- An exemption to the rabies inoculation requirement shall be granted if the owner presents written certification from a licensed veterinarian that the dog cannot be vaccinated due to a medical condition or course of therapy.
- The license is a plaque that will be hung on your pet’s collar.
- The licenses are valid for one year.
- The cost of the license must be consulted with the municipality of the town or city where do you live.
If you are a resident of New Jersey, we recommend that you consult all the information in the Official Web Site for The State of New Jersey.